Monday, September 7, 2015

Audio collections

Having audio collections of various composers is an important asset to any musical studio. Listening to audio recordings of current repertoire pieces can help both student and teacher and inspire them to greater heights of musical achievement. Listening to audio recordings of potential repertoire helps me choose the music I will enjoy. No one wants to practice a song they hate!

To begin my library of classical music recordings, I bought the Rise of the Masters: Chopin -- 100 Supreme Classical Masterpieces audio collection from Amazon. This collection contains a selection of Chopin's waltzes, etudes, mazurkas, polonaises, nocturnes, and many other pieces. I liked that it was an Mp3 download and I could immediate load it onto my electronic devices. Another great benefit was that it was very inexpensive. Because it is so inexpensive, it would be a great suggestion for students to get their own copy so they can listen to the music at home. Happy listening!

No comments:

Post a Comment