Saturday, March 14, 2015

Sight Reading....

As I prepare my students for OMTA's spring syllabus, I want to test my students' sight reading so they are prepared for their syllabus evaluation. (For more on what OMTA's syllabus is, click here.) For the next few weeks, I will be working them through a sight reading book.

For beginning to intermediate students, it can be hard to find pieces that are easy enough for them to sight read that they haven't already learned. That is why I think a variety of sight reading books is an important asset to a teacher's library. It makes my job easier if I don't have to go searching through repertoire books looking for pieces that can be sight read. More advanced students can either play through an upper level sight reading book or an early grade repertoire book.

No comments:

Post a Comment